Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Everything is just snappy!

I was reflecting on myself today and I realized how "instant" our society is and what it does to us. We microwave and get food in 3 minutes, we have instant oatmeal, drive-thrus, and speedy everything. This created a desire for me to feel great from focusing on my diet and food choices instantly. Of course, this didn't happen...... until this week. Having patience is perhaps a virtue because I have toughed it out and while I didn't feel anything at first, I now feel great. Mentally I feel postive and alert, physically I am full of energy (at the right times of the day) and I am falling asleep quickly and staying asleep soundly. I crave a snap pea snack for a crisp and refreshing tide-me-over or late night snack and coconut water makes me happy in the afternoon. Mostly, I am addicted to the snap peas. They make me happy as they snap when I bite them and VegiNoodle loves them too. We have after school snap pea snack contests to see who can crunch the loudest when we bite in. Fresh is awesome and being snappy is great!

3 comments:

  1. Snap pea crunching contests? I'm intrigued. Maybe I should crosstrain with that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am worried that my snap peas were grown in some far away land, but they are so darn good. In comparison to cheetos or some other snack food of horrid origin I think my organic snap peas are OK even if they are not in season. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Agreed. Fresh fruits and veggies are what matters most. I am eating Chilean blueberries in my oatmeal and lots of peppers and zucchini from who knows where.(probably Mexico)I'm also eating gasp! red Chilean grapes!

    ReplyDelete