Wednesday, February 17, 2010

LENT PROGRESS- DAY ONE REPORT

Well, day one went a little more chaotic than planned. I forgot my lunch at home!!!! Luckily, there is a vegan cafe located behind my work so I was able to make a quick switch to collard wraps filled with julliened raw veggies and simply asked that they minus the tahini dipping sauce. These wraps ROCK so other then the added expense, I was still able to stay on target with my lent plan. Then again, since I did not visit Starbuck's this morning I guess the monetary issue was a wash. I ran two miles and walked two miles while also squeezing in some circiut training. I felt good..........but let's see how the ol'feet and knees feel tomorrow!!! Dinner went without a hitch and I even added black beans to my potato no-fry for my dinner wraps. I am pleased to say that I am full and happy this evening as I sit down to relax at the computer. How was your first day???

2 comments:

  1. OK-
    First off, congratulations on making a recovery! Planning is always best, but the ability to improvise is very useful!
    I forgot how difficult it is to be strict up here without really planning ahead! I came back from skiing and there was nothing to eat, so I had oatmeal again. Actually I forgot about some leftovers in the garage fridge. Today I'll bake a batch of potatoes. Then I made a great Shepherd's Pie, but before I realized it dad poured me a glass of red wine, which I needed for sauteeing mushrooms. Oh well, I'll chalk that up to "almsgiving". I'm preserving family harmony, right? One suggestion: you might want to alternate circuit training and running each day. Three workouts in each discipline equal six days, take a recovery day and repeat as necessary. Also, if the caffeine blues hit you, don't forgot tea, black or green.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I decided to take your advice and alternate my work with run/walking and circuit training. I forgot that I, like my dad, tend to jump full force into things and then rather then enjoy the process to strength I am writhing in misery with aches and pains. A learned behavior or genetic? Oh yah, I was adopted so it must be learned. Your plan is working much better for me. And I am pleased to report that this weekend I am adding some family cycling to the picture. I decided that this year I am going to do more organized rides and with veginoodle on her trail-a-bike, we can conquer many miles as a pseudo-tandem. This weekend we will try out the Joe Rodota trail that links to the West County trail and stop in at Bradley's bike shop to say hi. This will not be a race, but rather a meandering of family through our beautiful countryside. Who could ask for more?

    ReplyDelete